01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

A couple of exciting new Xinomavros

Not tried this producer before, but has a good reputation. A single vineyard and a “villages” style one it seems.

Just up my street!

17 Likes

It’s the start of the Christmas fine wine list I suspect

2 Likes

Absolutely astonished by these prices! What do they think they’re making GCC Bordeaux?

2 Likes

To be honest I’d rather drink these than the equivalent priced clarets. Each to their own.

14 Likes

Yes, I think you’d be getting a lot more wine for your money.

2 Likes

Well basically we don’t know if they are good value until we drink them but the Xinomavros I have had from the society in the past mean they will likely get at least one order from me.

4 Likes

Well spotted @NickFoster, these look very interesting.

Found a related article from the Jancis site from five years ago, when times were simpler and prices lower, but worth reading about the comparisions to better known grapes:

https://www.jancisrobinson.com/articles/dalamara-paliokalias-xinomavro-2012-naoussa

5 Likes

I have immediately bought both.

These are quality Xinomavro, astonishing as it may be that quality wines are made outside the Medoc.

12 Likes

And thank you for the heads up @NickFoster - I’ve had these on my mental wish list for a year or two now.

2017 is a great vintage to be buying in too (they say).

4 Likes

After a little look-round, I was wrong. It’s not the start of the Christmas list, it’s part of it. Lots of little goodies all over the place. I’ve not even received delivery of my last, extravagant (for me, at least) order :scream:

5 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Spent all the cash on indulgent goodies, and then I find out the recent releases aren’t even the Christmas Fine Wine List. Boll*cks.

5 Likes

Think I’ll hang on for the promised bin #005 magna… if they appear!

3 Likes

Every time I think that’s it, I’m sorted for a few months, something else comes along to tempt. But thanks for the heads up though !

4 Likes

Probably better than many…though more comparable to Burgundy or Barolo, where they are definitely better than many!

7 Likes

Yes the perennial Champagne discounts are upon us too…

1 Like

There is Amazing value to be found in Xinomavro, with Naoussa being a stronghold for great vineyards, now id love to see some Kir-Yianni on the list, (@horsleym) but I will definItely be ordering these !
Also @AnaGramWords, £20/£36 for a Bordeaux GCC ??? Now that’s hilarious :rofl::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

:eyes:

1 Like

Seems not… :thinking:

1 Like

ooops! here’s another one… :thinking:

1 Like

6 Likes