01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

A Biodynamic journey from the Rhone to Marlborough

A rather delicious Saturday night with the isolated family starting with a young but rich and delicious Saint Peray from Alain Voge, served with baked salmon wrapped in Parma ham, lentils and spinach. Beautifully produced, certified organic and biodynamically managed, made from 100% Marsanne grapes and vinified in 228 and 400-litre oak barrels, with 30% new wood. It is also aged on its lees for 16 months. What a stunning wine.

Then with cheese, one of my personal favourite producers from NZ, Seresin and a 2011 Rachel Pinot Noir, which is possibly the best red I’ve had so far this year.
Cherries and chocolate flavours, with soft tannins, this wine is almost perfect now. Named after Michael Seresin’s mother, there is enough fruit for just one bottle per vine. The fruit is handpicked, destemmed and fermented with wild yeasts. Again organic and biodynamic

10 Likes

Where can you get Seresin in the UK? Sounds like a biodynamic bombshell!!

The Society sells a few, though not sure whether the PN was ever on the list:

https://www.thewinesociety.com/searchProducts.aspx?q=Seresin&hPP=15&idx=products

1 Like

I’ve bought the Rachel from TWS before, loved it.

3 Likes

The New Zealand House of Wine https://www.nzhouseofwine.co.uk/home

2 Likes

Amazon often lists most of the range, via Prime, occasionally with some fantastic offers. Last year, I managed to purchase the top of the range ‘Sun and Moon’ pinot noir for £32, per bottle. Usually it retails for around £50, per bottle, or more.

The Wine Society still has the Momo listed and was offering some of the rest of the range, including the ‘Sun and Moon’, two or three months ago but all gone now.

If you live in the North, Booth’s often stock the Rachel, which is a bargain, when they do their three for two offers. They used to stock the Raupo Creek, which is my favourite and definitely worth seeking out.

3 Likes

Thanks everyone for the useful info.

1 Like