01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

6 Nations time!

My favourite sports event of the year, every year. Should be a closely fought contest this year.

Excited for Wales v Scotland tomorrow. I’ll be at Murrayfield for the Calcutta Cup game.

Come on Scotland!!!

Italy then this year…

As a Welshman living in Exeter I feel very fortunate. Wales will always be my passion but I have to confess to being very pleased that Exeter Chiefs are doing so well in the Premiership. The point I wanted to raise was 'what to drink while watching a match on the telly?'
Mostly I drift to a bottle of Tribute ale but does anyone have any wine idea to temp me?

As a neutral I’m really looking forward to this years tournament. I’ve also got the house/couch to myself this weekend so what to open is a very important question.

How about this Welsh sounding wine made by a Leicestershire native Katie Jones in the Roussillon …

Wales / Leicester / Perpignan - can’t get much more rugby than that!

Are you like me, prone to shout at the telly even when alone in the house?

Yeah. Even the dog gets frightened. Should be a good match tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Scotland should win though I reckon. Wales have too many injuries. Years ago I never took any interest in the England team except wanting to beat them but these days my Exeter connection makes it worth watching to see how the lads are doing.
By the way your wine choice is a bit steep. Might stick to the beer!

Now ONLY when alone in the house as banned from this otherwise…

Made me just order 6 of the Jones Fitou. How could I resist?!

I’m definitely a beer man when it comes to watching rugby - although it can make you miss crucial bits of play if you can’t hang on until half-time!!

By the way, don’t forget our Twitter #twsrugbyscore competition. Guess the result and the score - nearest to the final score wines a bottle of Hambledon fizz - this weekend, it’s Wales v Scotland. Find us on Twitter (@TheWineSociety) and use the hashtag #twsrugbyscore followed by your guess.

I’m a big rugby fan !! So looking forward to beating Italy tomorrow !! My Dads across from Ireland tomorrow so am sure he’ll share something “Italian”!!
We’re already getting geared up … daughters taking it very seriously :joy::joy::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

People still use twitter?

I joined the Chiefs bandwagon in 2012. Can’t say it’s enough for me to cheer for England though.

I know this is meant to be a supportive positive community but this has to be one of the great ads…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NbvbQPq4LXk

Yes, it was great. It says it was banned, but I’m sure I saw it, so maybe I was lucky!

Go Scotland!!!

We’ve got 60k+ followers!

Hi Steve, do you know Smiths wine shop on Magdalen road? Not only has some interesting wines but also a decent range on beers and craft ales.
Up the Chiefs

Yes. I know Smiths very well. We used to live in Raleigh Road just around the corner. He’s quite a character but always helpful when you want something special. I’m writing this on Saturday morning and I can fee the tension rising as kick off in Cardiff beckons. There’ll be a lot of men in kilts around Cardiff City Centre today. Great Atmosphere. COME ON WALES!!!

Hard to drink while watching the rugby … might spill it on my ironing

Taking of spills, I think some of the Scottish team need to learn to stop spilling the ball.

Bit of CDP research whilst watching the Rugger. Come on Wales!