01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

6 Nations 2022

Very quiet on the Rugby front this weekend from the community so thought I would kick it off . Any predictions for todays games ? Thought Scotland did great yesterday and of course Ireland :ireland:!!

4 Likes

Great start for Scotland and Ireland @Leah :+1: I only saw the Scotland/England match which was a tight edge of the seat affair. Fin Russel is superb under pressure. :scotland:

1 Like

Wonder why it was quiet ? :smiling_imp:

Ireland completely dominated, and Scotland looked the more threatening in attack despite having less possession and territory for much of the game.

Let’s see if there is any resurgence in Italy today.

6 Likes

No idea why I am being so quiet… possibly because you :ireland: absolutely and entirely deservedly stuffed us! :wales:

1 Like

Sorry haven’t been on. I have a new book about Scottish Rugby called “How to play crap and still win”.

1 Like

I thought we were supposed to be talking about fermented grapes here.

2 Likes

As opposed to sour ones?

7 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

Well mine are fermenting like nothing else thanks! The only consolation is that the Welsh got thrashed too! Ah well that should alienate me from half the increasingly fragile union eh?

1 Like

By playing an even crapper side? England dominated possession but did nothing with it. Scotland defended well in the middle in the confident and correct assumption that England were too cautious to go out wide. On the occasions that Scotland attacked they looked a lot more threatening than England ever did.

The only surprise was that England waited until the last quarter of the match to start giving away penalties - something they usually do more consistently throughout a game :roll_eyes: And when they gave away those penalties, they were real humdingers. It is a frustrating experience supporting England Men’s RU team, they should be so much better than they are.

On a positive note I really enjoy Andrew Cotter as a commentator (though I find myself waiting for references to his lockdown co-stars Mabel and Olive) and it is a real improvement to have Nigel Owens explaining the refereeing decisions.

9 Likes

Funnily enough I kept thinking the same :dog2: :dog2:

2 Likes

Oh dear. Taking satisfaction from another countries loss. Go have a glass of wine and let’s hope for a good second half and a good tournament.

2 Likes

Top trolling though, chwarae teg :+1:

2 Likes

I thought England had that game under control really, with only one outcome looking likely until that silly yellow card. It wasn’t sexy rugby, but it was controlled and powerful [aka boring], and Scotland IMO were in trouble.

Wales on the other hand were pretty lacklustre; shame to see it.

1 Like

The scoreline was almost merciful - Ireland probably deserved to win by more :neutral_face:

3 Likes

I’m never quite fully sure who “my team” is in the 6 Nations - I’m predominantly English [I think - though with some “unknown ancestry”], but being brought up close to the Welsh border and with a love of Welsh rugby & some of those magical players of the 70s since I was a kid, and then living in Cardiff for almost 5 years, I have a huge thing for Wales rugby too. With football though, I do feel England is clearly “my team”. I don’t really claim to understand it myself. The weird & wonderful emotions of nationality …

3 Likes

I think they mostly deserved for Wales to not score more than anything else. :frowning:

2 Likes

I can’t watch this …. I can’t watch this :joy::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::see_no_evil::ireland::ireland::ireland::ireland::ireland::ireland:

2 Likes

A win is a win, I guess. Hats off to Dan Biggar.

6 Likes

My glass of Prosecco will taste even sweeter tonight!!! I think I’ll have Welsh Rarebit with it!

2 Likes