01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

6 Bottle Delivery Trial

A test order of beers? Noble research!

6 Likes

Tbf, £75 is the lowest i’ve seen anywhere for free delivery. I would only ever order £75+ to get the free delivery though as mentioned above this would rarely be above 6 bottles anyway.

It does help that I’m about to order 6 bottles of bubbly for work and tag a couple of cheeky ones of my own into it as part of free delivery :blush:

2 Likes

Couldn’t find a better place for this.

I have a £74 order. Wouldn’t it be great if I could give the WS a £1 ‘tip’ to get it up to £75 and the free delivery?

Would save me buying another bottle I’m not after to use up space I don’t currently have and would also save the WS team picking that extra bottle.

Clearly in the end I’ll add another bottle but this functionality would be nice!

2 Likes

Interesting idea. You could also add 1 tin or bottle of beer, but the danger is it then upgrades you to a dozen sized box rather than the half-box.

As a WS newbie, I only became aware of the 6 bottle free delivery today. I don’t know if I was ever told about this but I’ve not made use of it knowingly. I don’t think £75 plus or 6 bottles for free delivery is too bad even when my ‘offer’ expires in a couple of weeks. Even Aldi nowadays sting you for delivery, and bizarrely with no set spend that gives it to you free.

7 Likes

There should be a range of low priced, WS items (accessories or drinks) that could take one over the top of the £75 mark.
I think that Amazon had something like it!?!
The ability to make say a small Charitable donation to get one there, would do some good in the world.
eBay offer me the opportunity of a Charitable Donation after a purchase, which quite often I go for. :dragon:

2 Likes

Not an issue for me since I almost never place an order for less than £75.

I didn’t notice this thread was so old initially and went off to look at the current delivery setup and, @laura or @Kelly, I discovered that currently the “How to order” and “Delivery & Collections” links both from the bottom of the page and from the sitemap all come up with page not found.

2 Likes

Oh dear, thanks for letting us know, Mike! I think that might be a casualty of the new website work going on - it’ll be fixed when the new site launches shortly. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! yeh these are good right but they are not 100% margin to the WS which was what i thought would be a good idea. Maybe it was poorly thought through late at night.

No, I like the idea, but in the absence of that, I thought I’d share a couple of my bumper-uppers. The cloth is also useful because as @VinoVeritas says a can of beer can bump you up to a larger box which is less friendly.

Related note: I have a few spare cloths if anyone would like one…

4 Likes

it’ll be fixed when the new site launches shortly.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I have a PhD in Geology but TWS definition of ‘shortly’ stretches even my credulity when it comes to website launches!

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes