01438 741177         thewinesociety.com

The Society's Community

2021 En Primeur Offer Dates now live!

Hi all!

I know a few of you had asked about this so I’m pleased to say our 2021 En Primeur offer dates page has now been updated:

Now’s also a good time to remind newcomers we have a private EP discussions group which you can join here (latest discussions in this group can be found here)!

28 Likes

So who’s now going to have to edit their entry in “Wine Goals for 2021”?

5 Likes

I’d already realised I’d forgotten the Vergelegen 2017.

There’s some real treats in there! I am particularly excited by the additional Austrians.

5 Likes

Oooh, a nicely expanded EP selection. Well done TWS!

I’m looking forwards to the Rhone offer and the Zorzal in particular. I don’t have the budget to allow myself to get too excited about other stuff.

Interesting to see Bordeaux pushed back to June.

3 Likes

I can sense a riesling agglomeration.

2 Likes

What is Henschke Tappa Pass? Anyone had this before?

2 Likes

I’ve never had it. Google tells me it’s an Aussie Shiraz.

2 Likes

I love that I am now planning to request wine in September that will be confirmed in October and will arrive next spring and will be drooled over for ten years and will drunk in 12-20 years … whilst all the time knowing that life will change beyond recognition every time there’s a fresh news cycle :man_shrugging:

On a slightly less head-scratching note, thanks @laura. Nice to have the chance to get excited about stuff!

10 Likes

Drat. Those are some expensive cats among the pigeons.

Time to review the 2021 plan…

5 Likes

There goes my evening but I do like a bit of planning

3 Likes

Henschke Tappa Pass = Mmmm :smiley:

Add Mount Edelstone next time and I’ll be a happy camper!

2 Likes

My experience with the likes of Hill of Grace, was memorable but not for everyone. :dragon:

1 Like

Hill of Grace can be a very big wine. Unclear why it is so much more expensive than Mt Edelstone.

1 Like

If memory serves me, small production and very old vines.
Feel free, to correct! :open_mouth: :+1: :dragon:

@laura please thank the team for:

a) A great EP listing to begin with.
b) listening to feedback and providing a more complete list up front to help people plan.

Thank you!!

9 Likes

Absolutely right, but I suspect a bit of the investment/icon wine thing too sadly

Forgive my ignorance, but is the detail / contents of the Rhone offer posted somewhere on the website and I just cant find it?

Thanks for this. Looks amazing.

Rhone EP normally lands about the third or fourth week of January, so it won’t be live yet.

Actually, what normally happens is that someone (@tom) posts the URL a few days before it is ‘officially’ live, then everyone posts enthusiastically about what they are going to buy and/or grumbles about pet EP hates, then the poor TWS staff scramble to fix incorrect prices and spelling mistakes in the offer listing.

13 Likes

Noticed the Top Languedoc 2019 is separate from the Rhone offer. Is this always the case or different this year?
What’s in it?

3 Likes